Substantive Change Workshops
The Substantive Change Workshop is an opportunity to learn the principles and select advanced topics of substantive change from a SACSCOC staff member. It’s an ideal introduction for new liaisons and a refresher for those with experience.
Learning objectives are:
- to know what constitutes a substantive change;
- to assess substantive change in an institution-specific context;
- to learn how to develop a plan for monitoring and reporting substantive change;
- to understand the substantive change review process;
- to know the principal types of substantive change such as program closures and teach-outs, level changes, new programs, off-campus instructional sites, and more;
- to learn how to make and document determinations of “significant departure;” and
- to learn best practices for writing prospectuses and notifications.
- academic affairs staff members,
- faculty members,
- or others with substantive change responsibilities.
Fall 2019 Workshops:
- Friday, September 20, 2019, at University of North Texas in Denton, Tex.
Sign up to receive a one-time email notification when registration opens mid-August 2019
- Friday, November 15, 2019, at The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) in Savannah, Ga.
Registration opens mid-October 2019.
Facilitator: Dr. Kevin Sightler, Director of Substantive Change, SACSCOC.
Questions? Please contact Ms. Lillian Parks at email@example.com if you have questions.